On Tuesday 15 October 2002 22:05, Sebastian 'spax' Pape wrote:
> hi!
>
> I searched the archives and found this question a few times, but I
> didn't find any answer :o Also I didn't find any hint at the howto.
>
> I want to shape outgoing traffic over multiple devices (let's say eth0
> and eth1). If I create a root discipline I have to name a device.
> Therefore it seems I need two root disciplines and borrowing won't be
> able. So if I don't want to absolutely limit the devices (half by half
> or so) eth0 and eth1 will take as many bandwidth as they can get
> without caring of the other interface. Is there any solution like
> setting up a tunnel or "abusing the teql device" or something else?
Yes, the imq device.  This is a virtual device (you can have more then one)
and you can add a qdisc to it.  You can redirect packets to it with iptables
and this can be done on each interface and for in and outgoin packets.
In your case you have to create 1 imq device and redirect all outgoin packets
to it and shape the imq device.
More info http://trash.net/~kaber/imq/

Stef

--