> If I reduce rate and ceil, it doesn't work properly either. I tried setting
> the rate to 8kbit and the ceil to 16kbit and the upload did get less than
> 2kbyte/s, it was app. 1,3kbyte/s.
16kbit is 2 kbyte and 1,3 is allmost 2kbyte.  So it seems to me that you are
shaping what you want.  But what worried me was the fact that in you first
post, the bandwidth dropped after 5 sec from 128kbit to 80kbit.    Do you
still have the same problem with the lower rate/ceil?

> Any ideas, why the rate crashes down with these rules? May the
> processor-power be the problem? The router is a Pentium-200, 64mb ram.
What's the load and memory usage on that box ?

Stef

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"