> I don't know about it.why do that? How to it?
By specifying a default class (see comments below) or a "catch all rules".  I
see you use the fw rule.  If you add

iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -o eth0 -s 0/0  -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -s 0/0 -j MARK --set-mark 1

as the first iptables rules, all packets are marked (you can overwrite this
mark with the other iptalbes rules).  And if you add an extra filter rule
that puts the packets marked with 1 in a class, you have a "catch all rule".
You can also add a "catch all" u32 filter rule as the last filter.

> > and you don't specified a default class.
> I don't know about it and why do that ? how to do it?
If you add the htb qdisc, you can specify a default class.  Like
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 10: htb default 20
So 10:20 is the default class.  If a packet is not matched by any filter, it
ends in the default class.  It's also best to specify a default class so you
know all the packets are ending in a class.

> >Don't worry about these numbers :)
> >ctokens < 0 means the class sent more then the ceil because parent child
> >classes are asking too much bandwidth.  Same for tokens and rate.
>
> If I want to fixate every class bandwidth. not lended and not borrow .How
> to do it.
By not specifying a ceil parameter.  So rate = ceil.  Or of course you can add
a ceil parameter like
tc class add dev eth0 parent 10:1 classid 10:10 htb rate 3mbit ceil 3mbit

> cburst play tricks??
> On www.docum.org's FAQ have :
>
> The same story goes for ceil and cburst, you don't want the class to send
> more packets then it's ceil allows. So removing the cburst is a good choice
> for that case.
Cburst and burst is for something else.  That can be used if you want a class
to be able to "break" the rate and ceil limitations.  If you want the ceil
parameter to be respected very strictly so the class never can send more then
it's ceil, you have to remove the cburst parameter if you add a class so htb
can calculate the smalles one for you.

Stef

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]