On Thursday 03 April 2003 22:44, Bernard wrote:
> I hope somebody can point me in the right direction. Ive seen a lot of
> documentation on how to get htb and cbq to work with different types of
> modems, but is there any documentation about t-1's? This is what my
> situation is: I have a 24 channel t-1 fractionalized down to 16 because
> of the 8 voice channels. That leaves me with a total 1024kb for up and
> downloads. I have 5 customers with full t-1's that will be downloading
> from me at the same time I am downloading something. Of course my users
> and I get 90% of the bandwidth and they get the other 10%. I would like
> the situation to be: limit myself and my users to 10% and give the
> customers the other 90% when they are downloading from me, evenly shared
> between whichever customers that are downloading at that time. Any help
> would be most appreciated.
Configuring htb or cbq for a modem, T1 or ethernet is the same.  Only the
parameters are different.  The idea behind the shaping is the same.

There are no examples you can use right away because each setup is different.
We can only give you some advice and point you to some examples.  I have
docs/examples/scripts on www.docum.org.  You can also dig the lartc archive
for examples about traffic shaping.

You want a basic shaping setup so it's not so difficult to create a tc script.
But you have to do it yourself :)

Some steps you have to do if you use htb :
- add root htb qdisc to nic
- add class with rate = ceil = 1024kb
- add 2 class, 1 for you with rate = 10%*1024kb, ceil = 1024kb and an other
with rate = 90%*1024kb, ceil = 1024kb
- add 2 filters to the root qdisc to redirect the traffic to the classes

Stef

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"