Hi Steve,

> > is 64kbit/sec enough for VoIP ?  I would have thought not.. but I do not
> > have VoIP...
>
> Steve, what voip codec do you use?
> If you can select, use G723 (6.3 kbit/s)

yep, 64kBit is fine with GnomeMeeting. You should use Speex8k though, as
there's a huge protocol overhead that needs to be added to that number
of x.y kBit/s.. (many small packets)

Empirically Speex8k works fine and MS-GSM might also do. The G.723 does
require a hardware extension and is not available with pure software.
Feel free to search the GnomeMeeting archives for details on
configurations. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian