Damion de Soto said:
> Daniel Horth wrote:
>> Hi - I've been going through the LARTC how-to and have successfully
used
>> the
>> sample scripts (and wondershaper) with my xDSL links.
> Are you using the cbq or htb shaping scripts ?

The cbq scripts...

>> I've been attempting to use the wondershaper script with this PSTN
connection - but don't seem to be able to improve latency at all. doing
>> bit of research I've only really found references to shaping broadband
connections. Surely shaping of PSTN ppp connections is equally
(probably
>> more) applicable?
> If you're using low bandwidth values with the htb qdisc, you might have
> change the
> r2q parameter - see http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm

I guess I need to do further reading on this - I was confused and thought
that the htb script involved a different software set and as such I opted
for the working cbq script. Anyway - The site you pointed at seems to have
a good amount of interesting information - I'll have a good read through
that before I post further questions!

>> I would also appreciate being shown where I might find a searchable
archive
>> of this list.
> just use google on http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/

that's what I tried first before posting any questions - but google don't
have that URL indexed... then I worked out that with searching within a
site using google it needs to be the top domain, not the full URL, ie:

shape ppp site:http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/

does not work, but:

shape ppp site:http://mailman.ds9a.nl

does... anyway - I digress, this is not a "how-to search using google"
list after all! :)

thanks for the pointers, I'll be dropping by the list again once I've done
a bit more research!

- Dan.