Dan White wrote:
All of the gateways are set up properly, and I can communicate in all directions, and can place calls clearly when the traffic is low. Now here is my problem. When I dump a big file over the fiber link, the voice quality goes down considerably. I hit "cancel" on the file, the quality is back.
Does VoIP set quality automaticaly by latency or traffic capabilities?

Here is what I know about the Inter-Tel VOIP box we use: it uses UDP streams on ports 5000-5018 and 16384 @ 8-18k per side, per call, over 7 possible channels. Each site has 7 channels, which are rarely all in use. So, the total bandwidth should be, at max (18k x 2 directions x 7 channels) is 252k I came in on Saturday alone, and was able to kill the quality with one call, and one 1gb file in transit. I have set HTB up as follows:
( 1: )
(1:1) (1:2)
(1:10) (1:11)(1:12)
Here is my script, it is the same at all 3 sites http://208.45.203.97/script.txt
You have many u32 filters. It's not an issue, but i usualy get with fw and
marking packets in iptables. That would make script much easier to read.
Example follows:
# $IPT -t mangle -A FORWARD -s $LAN_NET -d $ADDR -i $LAN -o $PARABOLE -j MARK
--set-mark 20
# tc filter add dev $LAN protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 1 handle 20 fw flowid 1:20

(I would post it, but it is pretty long). As you can see I have given 80mbit to the phones (remember, they should only need 252k!), 16mbit to default, and cut windows file sharing back to 1mbit, but I still have voice issues during file transfers! I know the filters are catching the traffic (I did "tc -s -d class show dev eth1" and watched my numbers while calling, and transferring files, and the incremented properly).
Well, did you try assigning priorities of sending? There should be something
as prio (cosult HTB manual). If real, i don't know "The Real Solution", I'm
just trying to help :) I had no expierence with VoIP.