Hello Roy

Roy wrote:

>Hello,
>imq became realy popular now ;)

Sure, same as whole GNU/Linux :)

>It would be good ir you wrote what is that EOS to save time for some people
>on searches.

EOS - End of Send. Its time betwen two dequeues and packet transmits
used by qdisc for calculation. Any of current IMQ implementations do not
use it, so the calculation by qdisc may not be correct, whish causing
filling physical device fifos without control. In devices with variable
speed (WiFi, Modems) it causes overload because the physisal trafics is
out of control. It happen only on busy boxes, like my routers where is
about 70 ppl at once. In a simply test enviroment this issue will never
happen.

>and it would be good if you posted source code directly (not inside of diff
>file)
>for review purposes

The whole patch contain only few new files, all other are patches of the
original kernel files. BTW Midnight Comander 4.6.0 contain very nice
diff virtual filesystem, so you can browse .diff files like a tar archive.

>also you can look at my imq version, because it is much easer to develop
>since is independent from kernel.
>and does not need to patch it.
>http://pupa.da.ru/imq/

I have play with with your version :) Having independet implementation
is nice idea. I play with that idea too but it was more dificult to have
stable solution in short time i need and with EOS support its quite
imposible ...

Jiri

Zkontrolovane antivirusom ClamAv
Scanned by ClamAv - http://www.clamav.net