Hi, Teodor!
Integrating squid with traffic control has been a big problem for all of us.
Besides the options listed at the docum.org faq, there's a patch at http://sed.pl/~mrk/qos/, which is very similar to ZPH, unfortunately the page is available only in Polish, so it didn't become very popular. You can just download the patch and figure out how to use it.
There's also the wipl/wrr proxy remap package at http://wipl-wrr.sourceforge.net/proxyremap.html
As a last resort, if you have a small number of clients (<256) you can put IP aliases on the outer intefrace of the Squid machine, then use acl to select different source IP for each client machine.
To me the ZPH + Patrick McHardy's acl classify patch combination seems the best solutions available now, but I don't have any experience to share.
It would be interesting to hear from someone using it.

Greetings,
RAdo