On Tuesday 08 June 2004 15:15, Walter Wickersham wrote:
> Greetings, I've searched, found ftwall, and some other commercial
> solutions, but am wondering if anyone on this list has any solutions using
> a linux firewall to block p2p traffic, more specifically Kazaa.

Yes.

If you're using a 2.4.x series kernel, check out IPP2P[1].  You'll also need
the CONNMARK extension for IPTables.  You can then easily drop p2p traffic.

If you're using a 2.6.x series kernel, check out L7-Filter[2].  You can easily
drop p2p traffic (and other nifty application level protocol matches) too.

[1] http://rnvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/ipp2p/index_en.html
[2] http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy!