Dmitry Golubev wrote:

<snip>

One think I do not understand neither for SFQ nor for HTB (please explain for both) - how can we maintain fairness in case of differently-sizes packets. As I understand, one packet is atomic unit, and interface is requesting not more and not less than one packet.

I don't know about HTB, but SFQ uses quantum (= MTU by default). When a packet is dequeued its length is taken away from a counter for the flow. If it's <=0 then the next flow is set up for the next dequeue and credited with quantum bytes. If its >0 then it will be called again next dequeue. SFQ returns the skb for the dequeued packet - so HTB can look up its len, I don't know the HTB code - but that's the next level of documentation for you.

Andy.