I'm playing with the rather excellent QOS script from Alexander Clouter at http://digriz.org.uk/jdg-qos-script/

So far I am really impressed with it - a very impressive example of the power of linux QOS rules (has pretty much everything in it from the LARTC Howto!) However, the instructions hint that "for QoS to affect locally generated traffic in a non ethernet bridge setup you must have IMQ".

Now, I *DO* have a bridged config (br -> eth0 & eth1), but I can't see how I can set things up so that traffic from the local machine suffers the effect of the QOS limitations (on download) without using IMQ.

More broadly, can *anyone* see how it might be possible to limit the download rate to a local machine running as a bridge, without using IMQ? (err, and not using the policer either, I want an HTB qdisk running on the download traffic - I just want to know if I am missing something obvious about the way the bridge works)

Just for reference only the bridge has an ip address, both physical interfaces are anonymous.

Thanks for any pointers.

Ed W

P.S. Anyone using this script on 2.6 with a bridge needs to be aware that the syntax for "tc" has changed. You can't use "tc -i eth0" anymore, you need "tc -i br0 -m physdev --physdev-in eth0". And the same for "-o". Hope that helps anyone who tries the script out