Hey everyone,
        I had a question about the class id's using the TC command. I'm
using a command that looks something like this:

tc class add dev eth1 parent 10: classid 10:$variable cbq bandwidth
200Mbit rate 512Kbit allot 1514 prio 5 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000 bounded

That's just an example. My problem is I'm guessing the $variable is not
allowed to be anything over 9999. I'm getting an error when I run that
command with anything over 4 digits as a $variable. The error is:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

I've also tried just entering that in at the command prompt and using
10000 as the variable and that error shows up.

I actually have a few questions. First, am I right in assuming this or
is the reason something totally different? And, if I'm right, is there
any way around the limit other than creating a new qdisc? I'm trying to
use a number we have set up in our database and sometimes it goes into
the 5 digit range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Adam Towarnyckyj
Network Operations
CommSpeed AZ, LLC
http://www.commspeed.net/