Stephen Hemminger wrote:

Okay, it's been too long already, here is an update to iproute2
(ip, tc, ss, ...) utilities. Here is an updated snapshot.

http://developer.osdl.org/dev/iproute2/download/iproute2-2.6.X-ss040701.tar.gz

Just some quick points:
- maybe you should check for other executables. It turned out I had ip and tc in /sbin and they were first in the path so /usr/sbin/tc never ran. Maybe you can do a loop prior to installing and delete whatever "which tc" and "which ip" return until they return nothing.
- the "make" command incorrectly detected ATM but I have not set it in the kernel, and KERNEL_INCLUDE was correctly set. After editing ./Config and setting it to n it compiled fine in 2.4.23. I can post my kernel config if you want to investigate this.

well, many thanks for the good job! it works for me.

L Rotger