Here is an enhancement to netem to do allow emulating lower speed networks. The resolution is close, but obviously limited by the
granularity of timers and size of packets.

Hi Stephen,

This looks extremely useful.

I have a need for a simulator for the Iridium Satellite phone network, this is at most 2,400 baud with perhaps 1 sec or more latency. Do you expect this scheduler to be able to do this slow?

On a related note, for better accuracy I currently need a bit of stochastic variability on the latency, ie assume a 1 sec min delay, but also to vary that a little through time. Have you considered adding that as a feature?

Thanks

Ed W