Dnia poniedziałek 06 wrzesień 2004 23:56, Cow napisał:
> Hi folks.
>
> Let's say I would like to make some bandwidth control on my network
> using HTB. I have 2 clients:
[...]
> I think a script as i described, could be very complex to write,
> therefore i ask, whoever is here, for help.
> Thank you all in advance.

Hello all, my first post here, maybe even I will help someone;)

I assume that you want somethink like:
data from server to LAN (PC1,PC2) unshaped (full 100mbit)
data from Internet to LAN shaped

Then all you need to do is make classes with source 192.168.0.1 and
destination 192.168.0.2(3) and 100mbit rate and then make classes with
destination 192.168.0.2(3) with download rate. I believe that you understand
what I am thinkig of.

Or you can use iptables and mark traffic going from server to LAN, and other
mark for traffic in FORWARD chain. (iptables -t mangle -A FORWARD -j MARK
--set-mark SOME_MARK)
When using iptables you will be able to shape upload speed, just mark traffic
in forward going from PC1/2 with output interface eth2 (-o eth2) - it will be
hosts upload.

I won't write you full script, make it yourself, visit LARTC and firstly try
"htb.init" for simple class creation. Good fun!

--
.: Jakub Głazik (zytek)
.: email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]