I had been using L7-Filter[1] successfully for edonkey/eMule traffic until
recently.  I upgraded to the latest release of mldonkey, 2.5.28a, which
implements eMule compatibility, and with support for Kademlia[2] enabled,
network latency increases greatly.

[1] http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.infoanarchy.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Kademlia

Has anyone created a new pattern match for L7-Filter for this protocol?  I
fetched the latest l7-protocols tarball, but the edonkey.pat hasn't been
updated in some time.

I'd be happy to capture Kademlia traffic, but I don't know what exactly to do
with it thereafter.

Thanks.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator