Is the inbound rate affected even if there are no outbound transfers?  Is
the speed actually being "limited" to a certain speed, or are you just
noticing that the inbound/upload traffic is slower than it should be.

The reason I ask is because you're tagging all outbound ftp-data traffic
(ports 50000:51000) and directing it to the class with 39kbps.  If you
have outbound/download transfers going, they may be using all the
available outbound bandwidth for that class and causing outbound ACK
packets (for the inbound/upload traffic) to queue and throttle the inbound
speed.

Please don't flame me if I'm way off base...

Assumption:
- data connection is bi-directional.  ie. the data connection is made on
the specified PASV (server) ports (50000:51000) regardless of whether it's
an upload or download.

Test:
- simply kill all downloads and see if the uploads are still affected.
- or you can tag oubound ACK packets and filter them into the faster class.

chris