Hi.

> If the traffic from all the ppps leave by one interface then you could
> mark packets by incoming interface and set up egress shaping with say
> HTB on that interface.

There is only one eth0 interface to the internet and many ppp for the users.

So ... I have to shape every traffic from the ppp interfaces to eth0
(internet) and the same way around, don't I ??

How would it be done with htb ??

The problem ist - 50% of all the traffic on eth0 is to establish the ppp
session through a l2tp tunnel and the other 50% are for the real traffic to
the internet. So i only want to shape down the traffic from or to the ppp
interfaces. But I can't shape the whole traffic on eth0. So ... will there
be any problems regarding this ?

Of course i read the docs, but I just don't know how exactly to generate the
shape-filter for this. I know i have to establish a root entry and make
another entry for every ppp device. but how do i connect the interfaces an
the traffic ?!? How would I generate this "hard limit" for the traffic ?

Many thanks for the help.

Regards

F.Taeger