On Monday 01 November 2004 07:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>
> My interactive class is defined like this:
> ... ls umax ${MTU}b dmax 25ms rate ${MAX}kbit \
>     rt umax ${MTU}b dmax 25ms rate ${MAX}kbit

Where is the 'ls', 'rt', and the other parameters explained?  I'm guessing
'rt' is realtime?  What's 'ls'?

<snip>
> I'm pretty sure a howto-use-hfsc-in-real-context+faq could help. :)
> unfortunatly I'm afraid not a lot of people can write it :)
> i've read the theory docs, english isn't not my monther tongue language
> and for me there's a huge gap between hfsc theory and hfsc in a real
> situation.

I think I understand what hfsc is attempting to address, but it's never been
made clear how exactly you interact with Linux's hfsc implementation via the
`tc` binary.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator