On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 07:53:43PM +1030, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

> Ok...
> Using your script gave the following (from 17:30 onwards):
>
> http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/temp/tc-1hour-yours.png
>
> Purple is class 23; all other traffic, in this case bittorrent.
> Blue is class 21; a windows box, in this case an FTP transfer.
>
> Shouldnt class 23 still be dropping off further than that?
> It seems HTB is wanting to share traffic equally among on the classes rather
> than by priority.
>
> You script is pretty much having the same effect as mine :(

ok, maybe i'm wrong, but i try to run the same script, and i think that
the script have problem setting prio 0 on filters:

running:

$TC filter add dev $IFNAME parent 1:0 prio 0 protocol ip handle 22 fw
flowid 1:20
$TC filter add dev $IFNAME parent 1:0 prio 2 protocol ip handle 21 fw
flowid 1:21

gave me:

# tc filter list dev eth0
filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 2 fw
filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 2 fw handle 0x15 classid 1:21
filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 49152 fw
filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 49152 fw handle 0x16 classid 1:20

don't blame me if this is obvious/wrong/stupid. :)

2.6.10, with lastest iproute2

--
BOFH excuse #212: