Hi, this is my Linux Box

              ----------------------------
   LAN 1 -----|--eth1 <---br1--->eth0.1  |
              |                     \    |
              |                    eth0--|----- 802.1q tagged 1 Mbps link
              |                     /    |
   LAN 2 -----|--eth2 <---br2--->eth0.2  |
              ----------------------------

I have to bridge the 2 lans in the left side of the diagram with my linux box
running as a bridge. I have to tag the traffic of each lan so I created the 2
vlans interfaces on eth0 (tag 1 and tag 2).
All works fine. But now I have to priorize LAN1 traffic so it leaves the bridge
before LAN2. Also I need to shape the traffic to the 1 Mbps link.

I read about the "prio" qdisc but it honours the TOS field of the IP packets,
and I don't want to unless it was really necessary.
I read about the "prio" option of the htb qdisc and made some scripts, but they
don't work as I expected.

Prio in htb setup like this only really affects the borrowing of excess - rate is guaranteed. Also you need to back off a bit from your link speed to allow for overheads.

HTB script:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 1000kbit

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate 500kbit ceil 1000kbit prio 1

I would use something like rate 850kbit ceil 900kbit here

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: prio 1 protocol ip handle 1 fw classid 1:11
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -j MARK --set-mark 1

tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:12 htb rate 500kbit ceil 800kbit prio 2

and rate 50kbit ceil 900kbit here.

Andy.

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: prio 1 protocol ip handle 2 fw classid 1:12
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth2 -j MARK --set-mark 2

What do you suggest me?
Thanks in advance.