> <snip>
> > Thank you for your kindly response
> > Another question.
> > How can I flush the value of throughput reported by "tc -s qdisc show
> > dev eth0" command.
> > My meaning is how to make the value of throughput restored to the
> > zero(0).
>
> The only way I know to do that is to delete the whole structure with`tc qdisc
> del ...` and then recreate it.  If anyone else has a better way to zero out
> qdisc statistics I'd be curious to know.

I just reapply my script that sets up the queues. The first line in my scripts is tc qdisc del root dev $e I have a service 'bridge' that configures the bridge, then it calls shape.eth0.sh and shape.eth1.sh. This way I can tweak the shaping and run the scripts without restarting the bridge. I havn't noticed any impact of doing this, so I guess that any packets in queues when the queues are deleted just get sent (I've run the scripts during video conferences with no noticeable impact).

-Ron