Wang Jian wrote:
Hi,

One of my customer needs per flow rate control, so I write one.

The code I post here is not finished, but it seems to work as expected.

The kernel patch is agains kernel 2.6.11, the iproute2 patch is against
iproute2-2.6.11-050314.

I write the code in a hurry to meet deadline. There are many other things
to do ahead for me. The code is written in 2 days (including read other
queue's code) and tested for a while to find obvious mistake. Don't be
suprised when you find many many bugs.

It looks quite clean, but couldn't the same be achieved with just providing per-flow fairness and leaving the rate-limiting to an upper qdisc like HTB or HFSC?

Regards
Patrick