On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Andy Furniss wrote:

Jason Boxman wrote:
On Tuesday 05 April 2005 18:36, Francisco Pereira wrote:
<snip>

I would recommend reading the masters thesis of Jesper Dangaard Brouer
at http://www.adsl-optimizer.dk/thesis/
Altough he didnt release software yet (there is some code & patches in
the pdf file) which could lead to the best solution, you could estimate
the adsl overhead with real knowledge, and not like it says in some
scripts (put x kbit less than the link bandwith, or 5% less,...)

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of that software myself.
(see my other excuse mail... ;-)

I am testing a version at the moment based on Ed Wildgoose's - if that didn't work for you though, I can't see why this one should.

Hmm, I just googled/looked at Ed Wildgoose's patch, and I is not correct/precise. You can read why my patch is correct/precise in Section 6.1.2 of the Thesis (which gives a description of the patch).

Mine is for UK pppoatm but if you know your overheads it's easy to modify - Do you? there are tables in the doc linked to.

In Chapter 5, I have tried to summarize the different types of encapsulation methods and their according overheads, for easy reference.

Is is still a problem figuring out, which type of encapsulation your specific ADSL connection is using...

Hilsen Jesper Brouer