On Tuesday 03 May 2005 23:34, Tomasz Wrona wrote:
> OK, but why traffic doesn't slow down due to shaping and still assail
> upload ? [I tried sqf and red qdisc attached to class].

You already found out that iptables counts packets which get dropped later
by HTB. You kind of answered your own question with that observation. What
I don't understand is what you mean now by 'traffic slow down'.

You have a 1500kbit class with a ceil of 4MBit. So if you're missing a slow
down, does that mean that this class sends more than 4MBit, or does it
borrow too much bandwidth from other classes? What other classes do you
have?

Regards,
Andreas