Dropping of packets on the receive side can be done bu IPTABLES..

thanks
pramod

Alexander Sirotkin wrote:

It appears that while Linux has plenty of traffic shaping mechanism on transmit, there is nothing on receive side. While generally it does make sense since transmit is more CPU intensive operation, after all receive also consumes CPU cycles. It is clear that it's best to drop the packet as soon as possible, i.e. on receive, if possible - by the driver itself. It may not be feasible in general case, but I can think of a couple of scenarios when it does
make sense.

Any ideas ?
Maybe there is some similar QoS mechanism that I'm not aware of ?