Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
 || On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:14:48 -0400
|| Jody Shumaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 js> When I read this earlier I thought of offering the same, i'm
 js> using a mix of -j mark and tc filters to do my routing into
 js> nexted qdiscs.  Seems more like i'd consider this a bug of
 js> classify that should be fixed, and maybe a note in the howto that
 js> it is broken for now.

I fully agree with your classification of this behaviour as a bug.

Also I agree that ideally it should be fixed.

I don't know if I would call it a bug - you are nesting classfull qdiscs and expecting them to know about each others classes when they don't.

You have to filter the packets from root to the leaf containing the next qdisc and if it is classfull you have to filter again there. This is never going to be doable with just iptables classify.

IIRC the example in LARTC doesn't nest classful - I agree documenting your setup will be usefull - but LARTC doesn't get updated much.

FWIW your setup just wouldn't work for me - you are not limiting bandwidth for the link - you would need htb as root to do that.

In my case if I put that on my dsl connection it would go overlimits and I would end up with a 2 second queue in my modem.

Andy.