Alvaro Motta wrote:
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply.

I don't see why the src should be the culprit, since the AB segment is
10.4 network and the BC is 192.168. And IMHO 0.0.0.0/0

Also, after modifying the src, the traffic rate was the same as if no
qdisc were attached to the interface. I even played with the
interfaces and the only way to throttle the traffic, is assigning the
qdisc to the eth0 and having the src and dst as in the script I've

Hmm I am confused now :-)

If you run wget on machine A with address 10.4.x.y and request a file from machine C address 192.168.0.23 then the source address of the packets passing egress eth0 on machine B should be 192.168.0.23 - unless there is some sort of NAT going on in machine B.

FWIW you use default 50 on your htb rule but don't have a class 1:50 and your filter rule dst 0.0.0.0/0 matches any dst ipaddress and so is redundant.

Maybe you should as a test limit all IP traffic on eth0 and see if that works -

tc qdisc del dev eth0 root
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 32kbit ceil 32kbit
tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 100 u32 match u32 0 0 classid 1:1

Andy.