How do I disable the zeroconf route so that the system will boot without the 169.254.0.0 / 255.255.0.0 route?
by Cynthia Davis
Symptom:
Every time the system boots, the zeroconf route (169.254.0.0) is enabled. You manually disable it by turning off the firewall and remove the route with 169.254.0.0 / 255.255.0.0 using the route command. Example output of the route with the zeroconf route enables would like similar to the following:
# route
Kernel IP routing table
10.15.50.0      *               255.255.252.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
169.254.0.0     *               255.255.0.0     U     0      0        0 eth0

Solution:
To disable the zeroconf route during system boot, edit the /etc/sysconfig/network file and add the following NOZEROCONF value to the end of the file:

NETWORKING=YES
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
NOZEROCONF=yes

Additional Information:
Find out more about zeroconf at http://www.zeroconf.org/.

Jandre

Andreas Unterkircher wrote:
Solution? Leave it as it is or delete it :) It shouldn't make any problem
It's a local block of ip addresses and don't get routed.

Cheers,
Andreas

PS: But perhaps dhcpcd or pump is running in background on due some
miss configuration?