Paweł Staszewski wrote:
Hello i have some problems on 2.6.14 kernel dummy and iproute :)

i have server with 2 nics :

eth0 <> inet
eth1 <> lan

dummy0 (i want to shape incoming traffic from lan machine on this interface)

OK but the script sends both egress and ingress on eth1 to dummy0.

my config:
tc qdisc del dev dummy0 root

tc qdisc add dev dummy0 root handle 1: htb
tc class add dev dummy0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbit ceil 100kbit
tc class add dev dummy0 parent 1: classid 1:2 htb rate 100kbit ceil 100kbit

tc filter add dev dummy0 protocol ip pref 1 parent 1: handle 1 fw classid 1:1 tc filter add dev dummy0 protocol ip pref 2 parent 1: handle 2 fw classid 1:2

ifconfig dummy0 up

tc qdisc del dev eth1 root
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb

tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
match ip dst 0/0 flowid 1:1 \
action ipt -j MARK --set-mark 2 \
action mirred egress redirect dev dummy0

tc qdisc del dev eth1 ingress

tc qdisc add dev eth1 ingress

tc filter add dev eth1 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 10 u32 \
match ip src 0/0 flowid 1:1 \
action ipt -j MARK --set-mark 1 \
action mirred egress redirect dev dummy0

Apart from adding a modprobe this works for me using the attached dummy.c on 2.6.12.

and i have only tx-es on dummy0 interface no rx packets and lan machine cannot comunicate with server and vice-versa

any solutions ... i readed this post http://oss.sgi.com/projects/netdev/archive/2004-04/msg00251.html
and i have the same config ... but :)

That patch didn't go into kernel and was superseeded by another version which I attach - but AFAIK it's still not in kernel yet and jamal is still working on it.

Andy.