Ryan Castellucci wrote:
On 11/16/05, Andy Furniss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ryan Castellucci wrote:

What's going on here? I'm spewing UDP traffic at this thing, and it is
exceeding the ceil. Anyone know how to fix this?

class htb 1:613 parent 1:5 leaf 613: prio 6 quantum 2560 rate 20480bit
ceil 103360bit burst 15Kb/8 mpu 0b overhead 0b cburst 1728b/8 mpu 0b
overhead 0b level 0
Sent 16591370 bytes 4159 pkt (dropped 39449, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
rate 412384bit 6pps backlog 0b 126p requeues 0
lended: 887 borrowed: 3146 giants: 1748
tokens: -1605047 ctokens: -32828

Try and verify rate of udp arrival at the target machine with tcpdump -ttt.

The sent counter is actually an enqueue rather than dequeue count so
blatting with udp may cause bogus rates (not that I've checked how
exactly htb does rate calculations).

Andy.

I checked it with iftop, which confirms what tc is showing. I had
determined that this is an issue with fragmented packets rather then
specificly UDP, take a look at the other messages i posted to the
mailing list. is the is bug in tc/htb? or is this perhpse something
that could be corrected by enlarging the quantum?

I tried fragged udp and it seemed OK for me - whats the mtu on the interface - if it's bigger than normal then try specifying it along with rate/ceils to htb - Looking as I type I can see giants 1748 above (I should have noticed that earlier) - htb does not shape big packets properly unless you use the mtu option.

The list is down for me today.

Andy.