ncrfgs wrote:

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 05:30:55PM +0200, Georgi Alexandrov wrote:
If B uploads a file to C through gnutella everything works
like a charm since packets look just like this:

192.168.0.2:6346 > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyyy

With tc I filter packets whose source port is 6346 and
everything is fine.
You can classify the traffic from B going out trough ppp0 with netfilter/iptables like this:

What you wrote is indeed very similar to what I use right now except for the fact that I'm classifying according to
the source port, too.

The side effect of your configuration is that all of the
traffic from B though ppp0 is shaped. The configuration
you've suggested is interesting but I'd like to limit the
shareaza traffic only.

Is there any way to do that? How can I keep track of the
traffic generated by shareaza only?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Perhaps you need something like l7-filter.sf.net ?

Georgi Alexandrov