    *From:* Jody Shumaker <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* Anton Glinkov <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *Cc:* lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl <mailto:lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl>
    *Sent:* Friday, December 23, 2005 4:22 AM
    *Subject:* Re: [LARTC] exact rate

    Your subclass's combined rate's should never exceed your parent
    class's rate, and in this case your parent class is 5mbit, yet
    your subclasses have a combined guarenteed bandwidth of 6mbit.  In
    my setup,  the root classes rate is followed strictly.   With
    burst, it may go over temporarily but over say a minute's time,
    the bandwidth is pretty close to the set rate, usualy within
    ~0.4%. I'm unsure on what the behavior is when you allocate more
    bandwidth to subclasses than the root, but it may be the reason
    you're not seeing accurate results.

    - Jody

    On 12/14/05, *Anton Glinkov* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>