Rani Ahmed wrote:
hi all. here in Lebanon,Beriut we are allowed only to use satellite for downlink only. uplink is made through a router connected to public land lines. The satellite card is a penta card. i want to distribute Internet connection to customers.

such a connection i want to do on linux. but what hinders me is the configuration which i dont know how to do.
so please , some one tell me how to configure that, please.

this is the diagram of what  i want to make with linux:

     ----satelite----downlink_only----->[Linux box]<---->{customers_LAN}
  {ISP} <====(cisco_router)<==uplink=
                                            Thanks for you help.

How are you connecting to the satellite for uplink ? Are you using PPTP
or some other method ?

You can download the linux modules available from the Pentamedia website
on your linux box and make the DVB card receive the download from the
satellite. Ideally your linux box should have two ethernet cards and the Pentamedia DVB Card. One ethernet will be connected to the CISCO router for the uplink and the other will be connected to the LAN. Enable IP forwarding on your linux box and use SNAT rules if required.

Let me know if you want more information.

--
Manish
http://www.tuxspace.com/