On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 10:59:33PM +0100, Boris Gereg wrote:
> I made a screen to help explain my problem. Please, see this picture:
> http://elusion.sk/visual_inet_hory.png

Nice graph. I assume this is on downstream, and you rely on HTB to drop
packets for you. You may have read this in the archives already - it's
much harder to shape downstream than upstream, because you can't really
influence what the other side is sending you. So no matter what you do
it's probably hard to get near-optimal results.

> This is my HTB config (using latest htb-init script):

I must admit I'm not familiar with htb-init. What are the parent-child
relationships here? I'm missing the "internet" parent class that groups
all the other traffics (except local) together. Does htb-init generate
that on it's own somehow?

If not, chances are your HTB tree is just exceeding your line capacity
in general, as all classes are allowed to borrow without limit, rendering
the prio setting uneffective, leading to random results.

Could you post the output of 'tc -d qdisc/class show dev $DEVICE'?

Regards,
Andreas Klauer