On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 07:08:27PM -0300, Luciano Ruete wrote:
> root->parent_all_host(256,256)->client_host_1(X,X)->host_1_prio(X*0.9,X)
>                                                   ->host_1_dfl(X*0.1,X)

What's the purpose of the 256kbit class? In the setup you posted,
the 200/230kbit child class does not seem to have any siblings.
Except for the root class, classes without siblings don't make sense.
At least, I haven't seen any useful purpose for them so far.

> I've attached simplified ad-hoc scripts that reproduce the scenarios:
> tc_at_200 (full tc/iptables commands to recreate the X<200 scenario)
> tc_at_230 (full tc/iptables commands to recreate the X>200 scenario)

I haven't tested them, but they seem to be all right (except for the
question above). I don't know if it will help at all, but could you
post tc statistics for both 200 and 230 cases? You can get the statistics
using 'tc -s -d qdisc/class show dev $iface' or similar command.
Also, did you check wether HTB is complaining about anything in dmesg
when setting up the 230 class tree?

Which kernel version and iproute/tc version are you running? Just in case
you're still suffering from old HTB bugs...

Regards
Andreas Klauer