ok, i've understand now. Differenz comes from gross versus net data rates due to overhead of ATM-SAR and pppoe-overhead. All statistic values are netto values.

Yes - you can get patches to do egress overheads for dsl - if you know your exact type and are prepared to rebuild kernel or the modules and tc.

Oops didn't see you were already patched - htb counters still see things at ip level.

FWIW You still can't really use 576000 - one of my modems would do it's aaal5/0 qos in whole cells so being slightly less, also if you start/restart the shaper on a live link the queue formed may never empty.

Running 286kbit on a 288kbit ATM rate line has never gone over for me and slowly drains if the modem buffer is full when started.

Andy.