Hi!
I'm testing tc and htb.

In my test prio doesn't act like doc (htb manual) explains.

In particular I set 3 subclass htb each having rate 33Mbit, ceil 100Mbit. I
also set a class having 100Mbit like parent of these 3 subclasses.

If only 2 classes use bandwidth I note that total bandwidth is equally shared
between these (and it's right). If I set different priority of these classes
and run the same test, transfer rate doesn't change: classes use about the
same bandwidth (it's wrong, I think).

Because of the manual explains that if classes prio is the same, excess
bandwidth is distributed according to rate ratios, I change rate of 3
subclasses in this way:
class A:  70 Mbit
class B:  20 Mbit
class C:  10 Mbit

one again, if B doesn't use his bandwidth, A and C use the same rate (not
according to their rates!)

Is this a configuration problem?

Also, when I set tc rules I get: "quantum of class xxxx is big. Consider r2q
change"

Thanks to all,
Fabio
--

Dott. Fabio Marcone

2T srl
Telefono                                   +39 - 0871- 540154
Fax                                        +39 - 0871- 571594
Email                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Indirizzo                                  Viale B. Croce 573
                                           66013 Chieti Scalo (CH)
GNU/Linux registered user  #400424