On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 03:11 +0200, sAwAr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while I was waiting for your reply i decided to read everything once
> more:
> http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#route

Excellent.

> routes-2.6.14-12.diff - March 3, 2005. Patch containing all following
> parts (applied in the same order), apply after disabling the
> IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED config option

I think that's a newer option. Can't say I recall that from my 2.2
days :)

> AND after this I decided look at my kernel configuration - ofcourse I
> have the IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED enabled on my 2.6.15. I decided to
> use older version of kernel 2.6.14-gennto-r5 (all test till now I'was
> doing on 2.6.15-gentoo-r1) to have sure that this is a clear (non
> patched copy of kernel) i mark the route_multipath and
> multipath_cached i've lived disabled. I've patch the route.diff of
> Anastasov compile kernel reboot system and NOW IT'S WORKING :) with my
> old script. Now my "test of truth" is showing correct gw and src ip.
> Now every thing is just I wanted to be. I don't need to use NAT/PAT
> witch was wierd for me.

Yeah no worries, things might have changed there. Julian would be the
one to confirm or not if NAT/PAT is needed or not. But that's excellent
you got things working. I knew at some point when following it all to
the letter it would work. It is easy to deviate, and I tried just about
it all before the nano how to. Even that I did not follow to well at
first. Once I did, I got what I was after ;)

> I don't know where was problem
> IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_CACHED must be disabled or maby some bug in 2.6.15
> kernel. Now I'm too tired and huppy to test it out and make sure. I'll
> do it tommorow and will send the solution or rather answer where was
> my mistake.

Cool, that would be good to know for the record and for others.

> Once more thanks for support!

Hey no problem, just please return the favor and support to someone else
in the future :) We are not the first to attempt or do this. Nor we will
be the last. So we need to do our part to keep passing the knowledge and
etc along ;)

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.