I found the problem!  It was me and it was dumb...

This was the network layout:

10.10.10.0/24               1.2.3.0/27
       10.10.10.n
     internal hosts

<----+-----+--------+    +-------+------>to the Internet
     |              |    |       |
  Proxied           |    |       |
H.323 device       Firewall      Router
                  eth1   eth0
1.2.3.11    10.10.10.1  1.2.3.2  1.2.3.1
             1.2.3.2

The problem was, before doing proxy ARP, my h.323 device was set up with
NAT and it had a 10.nnn IP Address.  The outside interface on my
firewall had 1.2.3.11 as a secondary address and NATed the appropriate
stuff to the H.323 device.  I changed all that to use proxy ARP - but I
forgot to get rid of the secondary IP Address on eth0 of the firewall.
I changed all my scripts but forgot to change that IP Address in the
live, running system.  Woops!

- Greg Scott