Patrick McHardy wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:
Corey Hickey changed his esfq to use jhash for dst/src/fw - copy of his
announce below.

Andy.

Corey Hickey wrote:
So, I wrote an alternative hash function. It's quite simple, and as long
as the range of input values is smaller than the hash table (default
1024,
up to 16384), collisions will not happen at all. See the updated README
file for more details.

Using jhash is a probably a good idea, the "improved" hash is broken
and will cause reordering in some circumstances:

return (h - q->dyn_min) * (q->hash_divisor - 1) / q->dyn_range;

dyn_min, dyn_max and dyn_range, as their name suggests, are adjusted
dynamically, so the hash function changes whenever one of these values
changes, resulting in reordering of packets belonging to a single flow.

That should stabilize after it's been running a while and has seen the normal range of IP addresses. Anyway, I agree, it's not very good.

Working on ESFQ some more has been on my long-term TODO list, but what with getting distracted by mplayer development I didn't get around to it... and now I have 1.2 real jobs and 1.0 girlfriends and don't have time for much programming. :)

If any of you want to send patches to this list and they don't look bad to other readers of the list I'll happily apply them and make a new release. Other than that, I can't help you much for now.

Thanks,
Corey