Hello again Rani,

 : helo again. I think this question i am asking is worth:
 :
 : we know that pppoe-server creates a pppX device on each
 : connection done to it. So, when i have to shape, i have to shape
 : each pppX connection device on itself alone. What i know is that
 : the borrowing method on one device by itself, e.g. ppp0, alone
 : using HTB or the like. this means that i have to create for
 : another device, e.g. ppp1, its own HTB or CBQ tree.
 :
 : So, how can i in PPPoE technology setup sharing or borrowing
 : between all the pppX devices so it won't let network starvation
 : problem float on surface?

You should probably consider IMQ [0] or the new-ish IFB [1].  With
either tool, you'll be able to create a traffic control structure
which spans multiple output devices.

Good luck,

-Martin

 [0] IMQ = Intermediate Queuing Device
     http://www.linuximq.net/
     http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.imq.html
     http://wiki.nix.hu/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IMQ/HowToInstall
 [1] IFB = Intermediate Functional Block
     http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2006q2/018641.html
     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113674224714758&w=2

--
Martin A. Brown --- Wonderfrog Enterprises --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]