I was just about to post the same post,

I currently use ipp2p and it works pretty well, It just doesnt seem to track morpheous(fasttrack) protocols, otherwise it works pretty well. I have quite alot of connections and havent seen any performance issues. My next step is to add L7 as well with ipp2p to completely block/shape p2p.

However I find L7 bit more tricky than ipp2p to compile
Cannot comment on L7

Arik Raffael Funke wrote:
Hi,

can anybody comment on the cost of matching with IPP2P vs. Layer7.

Also, does a iptables rule with more complicated matching mechanism also slow down processing if all the packets are matched before they reach the rule. I.e. is the mere existence of a potentially costly rule already slowing down processing or only if packets are actually processed by it?

Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,
Arik

                        __   _