Hey Martin,

I was able to do it with netem and its working great now.

I've actually moved on to another challenge, I would like to drop packets at the hardware level such as to see rate control.

Because when netem drops a packet, TCP responds, however the lower level card will not interact because it never sees the loss.

What I want to do is somehow cause the card to send a corrupted packet based on a probability, or not send the packet but make it think that it did.

I'm using madwifi and I've found in the code where it does rate control and sends out the data, so i'm hoping to make this happen, but having troubles!

So if anyone else has any ideas on how to get rate control interactive packet loss, i'd love it.

- George

Martin A. Brown wrote:
Hello George,

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your most recent question. I'm hoping that Stephen Hemminger can answer your question. He is subscribed to the LARTC list, is also the author of netem and seems to be a smart cookie.

Good luck,

-Martin