On Sunday 07 May 2006 19:43, Andrew Beverley wrote:
> After varying degrees of success with p2p detection modules, I would like
> to write the following rules using iptables to reliably identify p2p
> traffic:

<snip>
> On my network all p2p traffic falls into these categories, and I don't mind
> overmatching with other traffic.

If you can, you could look into compiling and using ipp2p against your kernel.
I find it works extremely well with my p2p traffic from edonkey protocol(s).
You may have success with L7-Filter, too.  You can probably use both at the
same time, but I've never tried as ipp2p works for me.

--

Jason Boxman
http://edseek.com/ - Linux and FOSS stuff