Hi

I'm sure that Robert can provide us with some interesting numbers.

I have just tested routing performance on a AMD opteron 270 (dual core), here I can route 400 kpps (tg3 netcards on PCI-X). I use the kernel module "pktgen" to generate the packets (64 bytes in size).

Cheers,
  Jesper Brouer

MSc. Master of Computer Science
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
Author of http://www.adsl-optimizer.dk