Hi I have been using Shorewall for a while now and find it very useful and easy
to configure, I am learning iptables and having trouble getting the bridge to
successfully work with squid, although I get it working with Shorewall straight
away?  Does anyone know the rules to successfully use squid with a transparent
bridge?

Internet – router - (bridge eth0 – eth1) – local lan

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
address 192.168.0.253
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.254
pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth0 up
pre-up /sbin/ip link set eth1 up
pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addbr br0
pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br0 eth0
pre-up /usr/sbin/brctl addif br0 eth1

iptables -A INPUT -i br0 -p tcp -d 192.168.0.253 -s 192.168.0.0 --dport 3128 -m
state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
3128
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

with no luck ☹

kind regards