why would you want to "access" the adsl modem at 100Mbps?

What is the speed your ISP provides to the adsl modem?

-nik
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yves BLUSSEAU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:16 PM
Subject: [LARTC] How to bypass traffic control for one IP

Hi all,

i have a problem: i have an adsl modem that is connected to internet. I can't manage this modem. Between my PC and the modem i have a linux firewall that make the NAT and the traffic shapping. I have create a script that limit the bandwidth of the "external" interface of the firewall so i can manage my bandwidth for my internet application. The problem is that i need to access the adsl modem at full bandwith (100mbits) from my PC (through the linux firewall). So i need a configuration where all the internet IP are limited by the traffic control and where the IP of the modem is not slowdown by traffic shapping.

Who have an idea for such configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

Yves