Asle Festø wrote:
I have a setup where I have three NIC in a Debian box. I have eth1
conected to internet and eth0 NAT'ed to 192.168.1.1. eth1 and eth2 are
bridged together, given ip 192.168.122.2.
What I want to achieve is to perform traffic shaping on the bridge as
well as prioritizing the traffic from eth0 very low. (This is from
trental flat ...) However it seems that I am unable to perform thhe
traffic shaping from these two nets on eth1. Can somebody please help
me? I am very new to traffic shaping but determined to learn ...

Where should the root qdisc be attached to be able to prioritize
between the two NICs eth 0 and eth2?

You should be able to do egress internet traffic on eth1 - you've just got to work out a way to classify it as from eth0/2. There are probably several depends what other traffic is about. You could mark -i eth0 -o br0 with iptables etc.

For ingress the policer eg. from lartc will not let you do prio. If the shaping box is just forwarding ingress internet traffic then you could use one ifb and redirect inbound internet traffic when it leaves eth0 and eth2. Again you need a way to classify and ingress shaping is not totally possible like on egress, but if you sacrifice enough bandwidth and keep queues short then it's better than doing nothing.

I've never used cbq so haven't looked at the script.

Andy.